Google
 

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Send Us Your Tourists


I am amused to find out that the feature travel destination in the Sunday Chicago Tribune on October 18th is CAMBRIDGE?????




The story offers gems like



  • If you must revisit the Cambridge Police Department's globally famous arrest and release of professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. in July, don't go looking for his house. Instead, look for Gates, a regular customer, in the crowd at Mr. Bartley's Gourmet Burgers (aka Mr. Bartley's Burger Cottage, 1246 Massachusetts Ave.), a Mass Ave fixture since Bob Dylan and Joan Baez chowed down there in the 1960s.

  • Look both ways. The streets are teeming with New England drivers (not known for their congeniality) and Cambridge pedestrians, which is just a fancy way of saying jaywalkers. Maybe the locals will think you're a dweeb, waiting for a green light. But sometimes dweebs live longer.


7 comments:

Cambridge Homes said...

You don't think we're a tourist destination? Actually I swear this is the second travel article about Cambridge I've come across recently - I think the other was in a San Diego paper or somewhere on the West Coast. My memory being what it is - it may be the same article in both papers - judging from the Globe articles get passed around nowadays.

Love your header photo by the way. When I was in college in NYC my roommate was totally perplexed by the postcard of the Citgo sign I had on my bulletin board. It was always a favorite, second only to the White Fuel sign.

Liz

Anonymous said...

Dude--I used to live in Cambridge near Harvard. I currently live in Hyde Park, Chicago, near U. of C. There's no contest. Cambridge is like The Cape or even a FLorida resort (not Florida now; back before the crash). I can't WAIT to get back!

games2girls 2 said...

i like this. thanks for share
----
games 2 girls
games2girls
games girls

kids games said...

Great post. i like it. feeling great when reading your post .
---
Signature: Play kids games online the best free online games for kids. Fun games, disney games, cartoon games, and more only for kids

Whatsapp Descargar said...

I understand what you bring it very meaningful and useful, thanks.
Signature:
download free descargar whatsapp
baixar whatsapp
descargar whatsapp
baixar whatsapp gratis

yoob games said...

I understand what you bring it very meaningful and useful, thanks.
Signature:
العاب بنات
al3ab banat
العاب طبخ

العاب سيارات said...

This is great and perfect info! thank you so much my friend, good luck for the next article.
توقيعي الخاص jeuxjeux99